Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Armchair BEA - The Best of 2012

Today for Armchair BEA we're highlighting our favorite books from 2012 and those that are being promoted at BEA that we're hoping will become favorites. If you look above, you'll see that I've got a tab for my favorites - unfortunately I notice that it hasn't been updated in some time. True, I haven't finished a lot of books in the past couple of months but I have just added a couple of books to the list. Hands down, my favorite book of the year was Rules of Civility by Amor Towles. The biggest surprise for me this year was Whatever You Love which I didn't know a lot about going in but couldn't put down (well, except for that part where I threw the book across the room!). My favorites for this year are a good indication of the mix of reading I do; the ten books listed include three non-fiction books, two classics, and a mix of current fiction and historical fiction. Of course, looking at the books I've got coming up to read yet this year, this list is bound to change.

Looking forward, I'm definitely seeing some titles from BEA that look like they have the potential to make my list:

Chanel Bonfire: A Memoir by Wendy Lawless
NW: A Novel by Zadie Smith
City of Women by David Gillman
Marmee and Louisa by Eve LaPlante
Killing The Poormaster by Holly Metz
The Caliph's Splendor by Benson Bobrick
The Inventor and The Tycoon by Edward Ball
The Bronte Sisters by Catherine Reef
Custer by Larry McMurtry
The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis

Looking forward to seven more months of great reading! What are you looking forward to?

4 comments:

  1. What is bea? I am not familiar with any of these books. Are they all new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to The Twelve by Justin Cronin and Feedback by Robison Wells... just to name a couple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I'm done with The Stand I think I'm going to listen to Rules of Civility. I'm glad you enjoyed it--I've been hearing such great things.

    Custer, huh? Historical novel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to be overwhelmed with all the great books from BEA!

    ReplyDelete