Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Salon

You know it's spring when your weekend consists of a wedding and graduation party planning. Last night we went to the wedding of a man who's been a friend of my husband's for more than 35 years. It's a second marriage for both the bride and the groom and between them, they had enough grown children to have a large wedding party. It was great to see our friend so happy and fun to get to see so many people we haven't seen in a while.


At our house, we're working hard to get ready for our baby to graduate. A graduation is always such a great excuse to get some things done around the house that you've been wanting to do for a while. I'm doing some painting, getting the flower beds and potted plants ready, rearranging furniture and replacing hardware. I still have such a long list of things I want to get done in the next month. My house is going to look great but I don't know when I'm going to find the time to read!

Thank heavens for my lunch break, because I do have a lot of reading commitments this month. Coming up for review I have "Lulu In The Sky" by Loung Ung, "My Father's Country" by Saima Wahab, and "State of Wonder" by Ann Patchett. For book club, this month's selection is Lionel Shriver's "So Much For That," and, of course, the "Bleak House" readalong continues this month.

Do you have any big activities you're looking forward to this spring? What's on your nightstand in May? Much as I'm looking forward to watching my daughter cross that stage, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to putting my feet up and reading, reading, reading come June!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations H! AWP's girlfriend graduates from college next weekend - it's in the air! May is always filled with wonderful memories.

    Take time and enjoy your family. Books can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, next month I'm having a baby shower for my baby, who is due with our first grandchild at the end of July. Such a happy time with graduations and weddings and babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the graduation! It's such a special time for parents when a child graduates. I have one more year before my first graduates high-school, and then the following year, it's happens for my youngest. I hope that you have a great week over there, my friend, and that you enjoy the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted about all of the end of the school year stuff my son is about to partake in. It wiped me out just to put it down in writing.

    Congrats on your youngest graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your baby walking across the stage?! Makes me want to cry just thinking about it. Ha!

    I hope you enjoy State of Wonder. I always have such a different experience with listening than reading I enjoyed it and it was an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully I have nothing too big this spring. Last year was big, and next year could be big. But this year, I'm good with a break! :) Good luck with all your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great time happening at your house. I don't even want to think about my youngest graduating next year...I will be a mess! Thank goodness for lunch breaks so that you can read then!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to a graduation too. My sister is graduating with her MA in architecture this weekend, which I think will be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete