Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pin It And Do It Challenge

Trish, of Love, Laughter, and A Touch of Insanity, found herself doing an awful lot of pinning over on Pinterest but not doing an awful lot of "doing" and the idea of a Pinterest challenge was born. I'm jumping into the deep end of the pool on this one and this is one challenge that I know I can finish! The challenge officially starts May 1, but Trish has kindly allowed us to get a jump start if we'd like. I've already done two of the eight plus pins I'm shooting for: eggs in avocado slices and avocado toast.

 Miss H was especially excited to try eggs in avocado slice; as a vegetarian, eggs are her protein of choice. Sadly, this is one we won't be making again. I'm not sure where they got eggs that small or avocados that big but we had much too much egg to fit in a small hole in an avocado slice. And warm avocado? Not a hit.


The best part of eggs in avocado slice? All of that leftover avocado you get! We used it to try avocado toast which we both loved. Okay, it's really not much more than guacamole on toast but we made lovely french bread toast and it was quite delicious. It just may become our Sunday evening light dinner With protein, potassium, fiber and loads of great vitamins, we won't even have to feel guilty about eating a delicious food!

Since I'm prepping for a graduation party the end of May, I'm sure that most of my entries for this challenge will have to do with trying foods we might want to serve at the party. Of course, I always like to do some new things around the house before a graduation party, so my For The Home, DIY, and Craft boards are bound to come into play as well. Do you pin? Interested in giving it a try? Let me know if you'd like to see what all of the talk is about and I'll send you an invitation. But far warning - you're liable to become every bit as addicted as Trish and me!

8 comments:

  1. Eggs in avocado slices?! I've never heard of such a thing. I tried to click on the link to see the recipe but it just took me to the picture. I actually have some leftover avocado at the house--it's a good fatty food that elle can eat with her hands so I might have to try the avocado toast.

    Look forward to seeing what you do this next month! Think most of mine will be food pins as well since I'll be piggybacking on Operation Springform Pan, but I'd like to try some of the organizational things I've pinned and maybe some crafting and photography things as well.

    Thanks for joining. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The avacado/egg looks fun but I am not a fan of warm avacados either... I would try it though so A for effort! :)

    I hope you will post on your finds as you complete this challenge. Pinterest is fun and time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been avoiding Pinterest, but this challenge may just push me over the edge. Really hate to add another on line activity... I'm weakening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm joining this one too! Can't what to see what you end up doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to make you actually make something that you pinned!!! I love avocado and the toast recipe sounds good to me!! I haven't been on Pinterest in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome challenge! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've joined this challenge, too. I'm pretty good about making recipes that I pin, but not as good about some of the "crafy" stuff. I'll be concentrating on bookish projects in May!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you've tried this because I never would've found the courage to taste warm avocado. It looks interesting but I don't think I'll be testing this one!

    ReplyDelete