Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon

I'm off and reading - although I'm getting a late start. Stayed up much too late last night and there was no way I was going to try to read 24 hours on 4 hours of sleep! I took a lovely picture of the way I'm starting the day but now I can't find the cord to download pictures to my computer. Off to a great start!

So...as soon as I get this post finished, I'm off to start Calling Invisible Women by Jeanne Ray (for review) while I enjoy my cup of coffee and a bowl of steel cut oats with raisins. I'm not a morning person so I'm loving a breakfast that is hot and ready when I wake up!

Hours Read: 11

Pages Read: 512

Books Finished: 2

Hours Cheering: 3.5

Mini-Challenges Completed:1

Now Reading: Ron Rash's The Cove

Sheila, of Book Journey, is hosting a mini-challenge called Book Appetite. Using the book you're reading, Sheila challenged the participants to put together a menu for a book club meeting. Here's my entry:

I'm reading "Calling Invisible Women" by Jeanne Ray. There are quite a lot scenes with food, but I think for book club what I'd go with is a pasta dinner with salad and bread. I'd have to bring out the good dishes, though. The invisible ladies are talking a lot about being crystal clear so we'd have white wine in crystal to drink. 

**I tried, I really tried, to fight through those late night yawns and push through. But knowing that I'd get nothing done on Sunday if I stayed up longer, I finally called it a night about 3:30 when I finished The Cove.**

14 comments:

  1. I'm not participating today (wahhhhhhhhhhhhh) but I hope to pop in now and then to cheer you on!!

    And what were you doing up so late missy? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Lisa! I planned to get up at 7:00am. Nope! Got up at 10:00 and now getting ready to go to my library sale. So my concerted effort will have to be when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got about a total of 4 hours sleep too. Definitely going to need a nap later. Sucks that I won't be getting the full 24 hours in, but I'd rather take a nap and have more productive reading, then try to struggle to stay awake and fall asleep reading.

    Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Lisa! I'm not a morning person either. Never have been. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice bringing out the good dishes! I like to take out those dishes.... I dont get to pull them to often so entertaining books club is always a great excuse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are you liking that book? Hope your read-a-thon is tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love oats for breakfast too. I've been having mine with honey and cinnamon every morning. Happy readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sneaked a nap, too, although it was on accident, laid down for a minute and out. Have fun reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went grocery shopping and didn't back to what I had planned for today until well after 1 pm. But i decided to shake it up a bit and am watching movies based on books!!! I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I had a day to devote to reading; it just never works out. Enjoy

    (I love your header:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That meal sounds great! Hope you're having a great Read-a-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are enjoying the read-a-thon.

    Team Polonius

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Cove should keep your attention. It was good! Hope your reading is still going good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good job on the readathon. I had my sister visiting specifically to participate in the readathon with me. She was big on the concept - not so much on the actual reading. So I didn't make much progress, but I loved the time with Sis - so fair trade.

    ReplyDelete